Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

selling items on sidewalk in harajuku 2010/10/30 13:15
when i have visited harajuku, there are people selling items on the sidewalk-- hand crafts, jewelry, clothes, etc. can anyone setup shop? is that legal? or would i have to get a permit or license from somewhere?
thankyou!!
by ekm (guest)  

selling 2010/10/31 11:30
I dont have the legal or technical answer to your question, but from all my travels within japan I would say no dont do it unless you know Japanese fluently and dont mind explaining/excusing yourself.
Ive never seen it done and doubt they would tolerate it, but what the hell, its a great way to make friends :)
by TempuraKing rate this post as useful

Where in Harajuku? 2010/10/31 19:21
Can I ask where in Harajuku you are seeing people selling things on the pavement? I go to Harajuku fairly often and was thinking recently that I never see people selling things there or in Shibuya anymore. It used to be a popular thing for Israeli backpackers to do, but they tended to be moved on by the police fairly quickly.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

not legal 2010/11/1 02:19
it's not legal and the black guys hawking their stores there are likely to get to you faster than the police are.

you need a permit to sell stuff there, and in a place like harajuku i'm sure there are some local "tough guys" you need to get permission from too.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread