Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sumo in Fukuoka 2010/11/10 09:36
I have airline tickets to go see the sumo tournament. Can I buy the tickets at the venue? Or can I trust the buysumotickets.com?
by kega09  

... 2010/11/10 09:43
Airline tickets for sumo? Please excuse my ignorance, but I have never heard of such a combination. It is certainly not a standard offer by the sumo association or buysumotickets.com. What airline offers such tickets? I suggest you inquire with them about the details.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2010/11/10 09:45
Buying tickets at the venue is hit or miss. Buysumo.com is expensive but reliable. If you really want tickets, I'd go with them.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/11/10 12:52
Its depend on the seat type(Box seat, chair seat), but its rare that the weekday ticket is sold out.
But if you want to see final day, you must reserve the ticket.
by Hackn (guest) rate this post as useful

Sumo in Fukuoka 2010/11/10 14:18
I work for an airline so I have tickets on ANA which I get cheap, sorry thats what I meant. And thought id use them to go to Fukuoka but wasnt sure where or how to get tickets.
by kega09 rate this post as useful

... 2010/11/12 11:00
I get it now. As a rule of thumb, the venue sells out on weekends and national holidays (November 23, 2010), but it does not sell out on regular weekdays, when it would be safe to buy it on the day (unless you want to get good seats).

Buysumotickets.com is run by a very motivated person, and I have only heard positive feedback. Note also that the association started to officially sell tickets in English online:
http://ent-sumo.pia.jp/en/sumo11.php
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread