Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need some translation 2010/11/13 21:32
I am curious what these texts mean?

ロングなんてあったの
ロングなんかあったの

What is the difference?
by J.S (guest)  

.. 2010/11/15 07:41
i think it roughly means "why is it become so long together?"
by MK (guest) rate this post as useful

any surrounding text or reference? 2010/11/16 13:14
nante and nanka are similar with their differences, but I'm curious as to what "Rongu" is...without more info it's hard to help.
So, I'll just help explain nante/nanka:

Nante - used when expressing dissatisfaction towards the action/object it's attached to. Replaces particle wa/ga, goes on the end of past tense verbs or suru endings. Example -
Uchi no otoosan wa, katte ni watashi no heya ni haitta nante, mukatsuku yo! It really pisses me off that my dad entered my room without permission!
Uchi no otoosan nante, watashi no hey ni katte ni haitte, mukatsuku yo! My dad pisses me off when he comes into my room without asking.
Otoosan! Watashi no heya ni katte ni hairunante, hidoi yo! Dad! I hate it when you go into my room without asking!

Nanka - "'n stuff", used also when not talking about something positively (but also used as "etcetera" in some cases) and paired with equally negative sounding comments. Examples -
Niku nanka kirai. I hate meat 'n stuff.
Gaijin nanka mina dorobo darou. Foreigners and the like are all thieves.
Anata nanka kira! I hate you!
by jmarkley rate this post as useful

. 2010/11/17 13:55
Thanks for clearing up. :)

cheers.
by J.S (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread