Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

average salary 2010/11/15 16:25
wich is the average salary of a japanese employer?
and also,wich is the difference between the salary of a person graduated from senmongakkoand a person who holds a bachelor degree???

is that true that a woman's salary is lower than a men's salary??

My friend who is Japanese is a university faculty employer and he got MBA overseas (USA) but he earns only 200,000 Yen per month....i thought the japanese average was higher!!!my other japanese friend who works as part-time(restaurant)erans almost the same!!!!!

i hope you can give me the information;) i'm just curious about it:D

(i know my english sucks forgive me!!!)

by Kinsei (guest)  

... 2010/11/17 01:26
The mean Japanese income for full-time employees is roughly 4.4 million yen/year.
But that's pretty useless information as it depends so greatly on industry, age, qualifications, etc.

Gender inequality with salaries is a global phenomenon that persists in most nations. Japan is no different.

Of course someone starting out in the academic world does not make a lot of money. The same is true of doctors. It takes several years to make the high salaries and for university faculty, that could mean 20-30 years before you see a 6 figure salary.

Part-time workers who put in a lot of hours can make similar salaries, but they get little or no benefits.

None of these situations is unique to Japan.
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

well 2010/11/17 01:39
take into account its far cheaper to live in tokyo than a western city like melbourne (in australia). so compare money earned with living costs.

i simply couldnt afford melbourne, so i moved back to tokyo. i earn the same wage, but man, my rent is half the cost, and i dont need to have a car, i save money in many ways. oh the life is better here, and cheaper.
by zuoteng rate this post as useful

reply to this thread