Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Good/cheap kaitenzushi? 2010/11/18 08:01
Hi all,

Still quite a ways off from my next Japan trip but I was wondering if people had recommendations for nice/OK kaitens in Akihabara / Ueno or near other stations on that side of the Yamanote Line.

I looked up a recommendation for one in/by Shinjuku Station. But haven't looked elsewhere just yet (i.e. Shibuya, etc).

Thanks in advance :-)
by WongJP  

. 2010/11/18 09:52
At Ueno area:
There are many Kaitensushi but its hard to find good kaitensushi.

At Akihabara Area:
Uzushio(Front of JR station electrilc town exit, so so)
Ganso-shushi(so so)
Sushi-zanmai(8th floor in Yodobashi Camera, so so)
This is not kaiten but reasonable sushi:
Ginzou(All material 137yen(2pieces))
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=
106611542966001985278.00049548ef7088fc9d844

There are some Kaitennsuhi near Shibuya station, but not good around there.
by Hackn (guest) rate this post as useful

recommend 2010/11/18 11:20
If you're going to make the trip ALL the way to Japan, why kaitenzushi?

You're going to have a lot of choices in Akiba/Ueno and I have visited many of them and liked them all. The competition is pretty fierce so I'd say the quality is the same.

But, if you want a slightly less commercialized kaitenzushi experience, head to "Asuka" or "Mori Ichi" near Oji Station, just 3 stations north from Komagome (JR) on the Namboku Line. It's not the vicinity you specified, but I prefer it to Ueno/Akiba.

I've had some pretty bad kaitenzushi around Shinjuku/Shibuya...

http://metropolitansushi.com
by jmarkley rate this post as useful

. 2010/11/18 15:42
Thanks to both of you for the info :) Well, it's not like we have a lot of Kaiten out here or make the effort to go. So it would probably be cool to have kaiten AND good sushi places that aren't kaiten (thanks for the reminder ;)
by WongJP rate this post as useful

reply to this thread