Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

backward compatible PS3 2010/12/4 11:49
hello, i've used the search before so i'm just looking for more information. so as the title states, i'm looking to purchase a backwards compatible north american ps3 (not japanese). someone mentioned LAOX duty free shop in Akiba in another thread, but does anyone else know any other shops that have them (in Tokyo or in Kanagawa)?
by poopoohead  

near impossible 2010/12/22 07:24
and if you don find one, expect to pay through the nose.

try Yahoo! Auctions. Whoever recommended LAOX to you isn't too bright - a major retailer will not be selling grey-market/foreign market hardware. and if by chance you did find one in akiba, it will be astronomically priced.
by daisukidayo rate this post as useful

NA PS3 2010/12/22 10:25
I agree. There is essentially no market for NA consoles in Japan (outside US military bases) so it will probably be near impossible to find one at a Japanese retailer. Perhaps if you're lucky you'll find one on being sold by a US serviceman. Perhaps the best place to look would be on the sayonara sales related to the bases. But your best bet will be to purchase one at home on auction and have it sent to you.

However,
Whoever recommended LAOX to you isn't too bright - a major retailer will not be selling grey-market/foreign market hardware.

Perhaps not at LAOX, but other major retailers in Akihabara specialize in used goods, and many operate special used branches (Sofmap for example). Used Japanese PS3 consoles are rather easy to find in Akihabara.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread