Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sales Tax Refund 2010/12/6 16:56
Hi, with regards to the 5% sales tax. I am only aware that Takashimaya actually has it upon showing the passport.

How about smaller shops and chains? Do we tell the individual shop directly that we are tourists to enjoy the 5% off since the airport does not handle tax refunds.
by samsherlyn  

sales tax 2010/12/6 17:10
How about smaller shops and chains? Do we tell the individual shop directly that we are tourists to enjoy the 5% off since the airport does not handle tax refunds.

Only licensed shops can offer the sales tax refund and usually advertise themselves as "duty free". If you don't see it mentioned anywhere you can always ask the shopkeeper. However, be aware that not all shops are set up to offer the refund and smaller shops are less likely to do so than larger shops and chains.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2010/12/7 03:53
Hi, thanks.

Could anyone assist me to see if Fancl shops are available at the following places? I went to purchase Fancl at Shinjuku's Lumine and didnt get any sales tax discount/refund despite spending a huge amount over there.
http://www.fancl.co.jp/index.html

- Isetan Shinjuku
- Tobu Ikebukuro
- Seibu Ikebukuro
- Yokohama At!
- Sogo Yokohama

by samsherlyn rate this post as useful

reply to this thread