Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese swords 2010/12/13 22:25
Plan on being in Japan by the end of March 2011,,,VERY interested in seeing the whole country and purchasing a Japanese sword,,can the sword return with me to Wyoming in the United States
by switchblade pack horse  

swwords 2010/12/14 11:17
I thought it was illegal to take Japanese swords out of the country (personal)...
by jmarkley rate this post as useful

. 2010/12/14 11:19
A real Katana sword will cost you a minimum of $3000 or more. The stuff sold for less is made in China most likely. Plus, you have to have the sword shipped to America by Sea mail (now it is a new policy for the post office) since it weighs more than a pound and that could take up to 2 months to arrive (if it does). You are not allowed to carry a sword in Japan even wrapped to take home. I suggest you buy some other souvenir unless you are rich.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

swords 2010/12/14 13:02
Besides the legality of taking it outside the country, a true Japanese sword would cost lots and lots. They aren't something that you buy in a corner store.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

mogitou 2010/12/14 14:31
you can get a mogitou/fake sword/iaitou for around 30,000-50,000yen at martial arts supplies stores. when you leave the country they may subject it to a magnet check at baggage inspection. they get martial artists frequently enough that they'll expect it.

won't even address real swords.
by Winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread