Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

pet stores near iwakuni 2010/12/21 21:42
i'm in iwakuni and i am looking to buy a cat, does anyone know any pet stores near iwakuni?
by luie (guest)  

Pet shops 2010/12/29 16:36
Pet shops in japan are kind of a nightmare. The pets rant taken care of well and they are very expensive we are talking well over 1000 usd for a cat even more for a dog. I was looking to get a holland lop rabbit and they run up to 600 usd at least. Its expensive here for sure!

I recommend a pet shop called P2 its in most main cities so I doubt its in iwakuni but maybe there is one in Hiroshima which isn't far from there. It's the only pet shop I've seen where the animals are kept in good conditions but like any Japanese pet shop it is very expensive.

If your looking for something more affordable there are animal shelters in japan. Usually each city has one and you can adopt a pet for cheaper. Do live in an apartment that's ok for pets? The animal shelter will often times check that before allowing an adoption.

My cat was actually rescued by my friend. A fellow English teach I work with found a box of abandoned two month old kittens. She kept one and found homes for the other ones. I took one in and voilà now I'm the proud owner of a beautiful all white cat named angel :)

As sad as it is it's not hard to find abandoned kittens here during certain seasons rescuing one of them will not only be the cheapest way to obtain a cat but it will also be a very kind good deed as often times these strays don't live very long on the streets.
by Kyushugrl (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread