Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Deportation 2011/1/10 06:35
Can anyone please tell me is I am going to have any trouble entering Japan if I have been deported from the US? I am a NZ citizen and was deported for overstaying my visa.
by Max Rusinko (guest)  

. 2011/1/11 12:11
I don't think you'll have any problems entering Japan.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

deportation 2011/1/11 12:18
The two immigration systems are unrelated, so it is unlikely that you will be stopped for your previous overstay in the US.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/1/12 13:27
No but it depends on how the deportation was carried out in the US.

For example overstaying your visa in America is a crime, were you charged and arrested?

Immigration forms in Japan will ask if you have been convicted of a crime before. If you answer "NO" then would you truthfully be answering the immigration forms?
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

A mark 2011/1/12 19:35
Immigration officers commonly mark your passport (esp when using the same passport) when you are deported. It is a universal mark, recognized by all officers at entry checks points at ports/airports.

Can you enter Japan? Depends on the regulations at that time and the officer in charge and the visa processing officer.

Japan has a strong immigration policy against overstaying; visitors are advised to carry passports at all times in case of random checks.

To avoid uncertainty, can you renew your passport before applying for visa/entry?
by Donaldl rate this post as useful

.... 2011/1/13 19:17
I agree with the others. It would really depend on the regulations at the time of entry, and the specific worker. When I came through immigration at Narita, the officer barely glanced at my passport. Also, if you have any outstanding warrants or charges against you, Japanese immigration can turn you away.
by satyrna rate this post as useful

reply to this thread