Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Late night travel from Tokyo to Narita 2004/8/14 00:00
My flight arrives in Tokyo Narita at 5pm and leaves 12 noon the next day. We are staying at a hotel at the airport - and I fancy a night out in downtown Tokyo. Only problem is when I checked the timetable the last train seemed to leave Tokyo about 8:30pm. Is there a later train?? PLease say there is.
by Mikey  

... 2004/8/14 12:16
The last train to the airport may be around 8:30, but the last trains to nearby Narita City leave Tokyo Station at 23:16 (JR Sobu Line, transfer at Chiba, arrives at Narita at 0:31) or Ueno at 23:24 (Keisei Line, direct, arrives at Narita at 0:55).

From Narita, you probably would have to take a taxi. Depending on how far the hotel is from Narita Station, I guess the taxi ride could cost between 1500 and 4000 Yen. No guarantee.

ATTENTION! The above timetable is for weekdays. It seems like the timetable for weekends is slightly different. Make sure by checking the timetable:
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Shibuya to Narita at 10:30PM, How? 2007/12/15 06:34
We know it's crazy but we arrive at Narita at 14:30 (2:30PM) and our flight the next day is at is at 9:30AM. We'd just like to head in to Tokyo to see the lights and grab a meal. We know it's far. We are staying overnight at a hotel right at Narita. We know we can take the NEX into town that afternoon, but the last train is too early. Is there a shuttle or taxi we can reserve in advance? Any suggestions? It's a one time, special thing, we are prepared for expensive. We have 2 adults and a 12 year old in our party.
Thanks!

Also, what is the best way to get from an NEX train stop to the Shibuya district?
by Mickie rate this post as useful

NEX 2007/12/15 09:17
Mickie ,
You may want to consider staying the night in Tokyo,and depart early to the ariport for your 9.30 flight.
by liem rate this post as useful

Tokyo 2007/12/15 10:38
I agree- if you stay in Narita you are going to have all of about 4 hours in central Tokyo, a lot of hassle and expense for such a short time.

It depends which NEX you get- some go as far as Tokyo, in which case it's about a 25 min ride on the Yamanote Line to Shibuya. Others go to Shinjuku, which is only about 7 minutes from Shibuya on the Yamanote Line.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread