Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Studying Abroad in Japan? 2011/1/22 16:47
こんにちは。しつもんがありますが。。。

I am an American college student hoping to study abroad in Japan spring semester 2012. I was hoping to study at Sophia University (上智大学), but my college didn't want to exchange students... They only want to send me to study abroad. -__-' ひどいでしょう?

Are there any Japanese colleges that let foreign students study abroad at their institution for one semester and have courses taught in English for English: Mass Communications majors or International Business majors?

If you have any ideas, please send me a link to their website so that I can look into it and talk to my college's study abroad department.

I don't even know where to start looking since I was really hoping to go to Sophia. :(
by Kitt86  

Eh? 2011/1/22 19:40
Are you sure about Sophia? This is the program that I am currently under:

http://www.ciee.org/study/programOverview.aspx?pID=55#1rightForYou

I don't think you would need to exchange student...
by hanatoyume (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/1/22 23:37
Hmmm, exchange student system is only possible when your school is affiliated with the one in Japan.

My advice is, check with your international office in your school for the list of Japanese schools that host exchange student program with your school. Maybe Sophia is not available but other schools might be. That way, you won't have to pay for the tuition of the host school and pay for the accommodation and travel expenses.

So paying your International Office a visit is the only way I guess :D

by lastmockingbird rate this post as useful

Study Abroad 2011/1/23 03:35
Hanatoyume-san,

Thank you for the link... But that looks like an exchange program. If I went over to Japan, they would have to send someone over to America.

Lastmockingbird-san,

I'll try asking if they have any recommended study abroad sites in Japan. I know that they have a contract with Semester at Sea (but that goes to 12-16 sites around Asia throughout the semester, not just Japan). They also have an agreement with Temple University Japan, but I'm not sure whether I want to go to TUJ.

Does anyone currently go to Temple University Japan? どう思いますか?
by Kitt86 rate this post as useful

studying abroad. 2011/1/23 07:43
If you want to go to Japan for X months don't be that picky.
Surely any university yours will send you is reputable!
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread