Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Queries on Banking 2011/2/8 01:16
Hey,

First of all, this website has helped me immensely throughout my travels and future stay within Japan. So, thanks!

I will be moving from the U.K. with my boyfriend to Japan this coming April to teach English, learn Japanese and love amongst the culture for a year. (Love it!) we have planned pretty much everything, but we'd like to hear a bit of advice about Japanese banking for Westerners.

I am aware you need an ARC to open a bank account in Japan and so far Shinsei Bank seems to be the best choice, if anyone could give any further insight/information, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks!
by Loafers  

bump 2011/2/9 07:46
I'm interested in this too, so, bump.
by xcanox rate this post as useful

Bump 2011/2/9 20:12
Also interested. Bump.
by Amunet rate this post as useful

Yeah Shinsei is good 2011/2/10 04:35
They were nice, and did have a lot of English language stuff (including in their web banking interface). They don't have a ton of ATMs or branches, so you might want to check if there are ones near your home or work, although you can get your money out at other ATMs, but there will be higher fees. (Although they have deals with some convenience stores to not charge fees, so we mostly used the 7/11 ATM.)
Their website tells you all about it: http://www.shinseibank.com/english/
by W (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread