Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Study in Japan? 2011/2/11 12:01
hi my name is fanny and i'm 21 years old
I'm from Quebec in Canada.

ok I going to study in 'multimedia' and I wonder if there is anyway that I can study in this job in Japan? and if it could be in English or i have to know to speak japanese?

if it is possible then I need some information of the school and student apartement ect.

**!! NOTE!:
'Multimedia is the name of the program in french but I'm not sure if it is the same in English. The program is about website, graphic, animation 2D 3D, computer stuff ect.

Thank for your help!!!

by BelFanny  

Hi :) 2011/2/18 05:26
hi, your college of choice sounds interesting. :)
For college; try going from here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Art_schools_in_Japan
I don't know if specifically multimedia design are available on other universities, however, so you might have to go googling on your own.

As per language, most of the time they're provided in solely Japanese (unless..in Sophia University, I think?) but either way I think a proficiency in Japanese is going to help you a lot.

And about apartments and so on...I wish I could help you but the information are too spreaded around the Web. I guess you can begin from here, it gives a lot of information around! :D
by Trifle (guest) rate this post as useful

no japanese = no 2011/2/18 06:06
if you don't speak japanese at a JLPT 2 level you cannot get into a japanese university. i don't think there are any universities here that offer courses in 3d/graphic design like you're talking about in english.

for people who find this thread from google...if you don't speak japanese you can forget about studying at japanese universities, alright? there are only a few japanese universities that offer courses entirely in english and their scope is very limited. if you want to study in japan, learn japanese. expect to take 2 years of full time study to be ready for it, 1 year if you are of chinese background and are familiar with kanji already (i.e. you know more than 2,000 already).
by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread