Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Customs 2011/2/21 06:22
Hey there,
I'm heading to Japan in March (not long now!!!!!) and I'm starting to think of presents I can get myself and other people to bring back, and was just wondering if anyone knew of anything specific that they couldnt bring back (other than the obvious live animals/plants).
The objects I'm wondering about are hand held fans, nick nack from temples/shrines/ (are these normally hand made?), green tea leaves, spices.
I dont really want to spend a bit of money on some nice stuff to have it taken away from me at the airport =(.

Thanks in advance!
by Imperfect  

. 2011/2/21 11:06
It is up to the customs in your country, not Japan.
Check out their official website which should have a list of prohibited items to be brought into our country.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/2/21 13:57
Sorry, meant to say I will be leaving and returning too Australia. I can't seem to find any definate information on what can return to Australia, only on what can not be taken into Japan.
by Imperfect rate this post as useful

What you can't bring to Australia 2011/2/21 14:07
Here's a link to the AQIS website which should answer all of your questions.

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/travel/entering-australia/cant-take
by philip (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/2/21 14:58
Thats exactly what I was looking for. Must have eluded me in my searches.

Thank you!
by Imperfect rate this post as useful

reply to this thread