Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pre-order concert tickets? 2011/2/23 18:08
what are pre-order concert tickets and why are those in lottery in Japan?

Also, what are the benefits of purchasing a pre-order ticket? (ie, cheaper? better seat? etc.)

thanks!
by lastmockingbird  

As far as I understand, 2011/2/24 13:43
Benefits: You have a better chance of securing a ticket, and you might get a better seat (than if you buy through the later public sale.)

Concer operators divide up the tickets into different chunks I suppose - firstly some tickets are made available to the official fan club for sale among its members, then the next chunk goes on to ticketing agencies' "pre-order," then the next to regular sale by the ticketing agencies to the public at a later date. (Each ticketing agency gets different numbers of tickets allocated to them, I imagine.)

So... if you are a fan of an artist, but don't belong to the official fan club, and you KNOW you definitely want to get a ticket to a particular concert, you might just apply with pre-order; you might get a better seat (it is never less expensive, though). If many more people than the number of tickets allocated to pre-order apply, then it will go through a lottery.

If you know you want to go to a certain concert, it's always better to start with the pre-order; even if you don't get selected in the pre-order, you have another chance later when the tickets go on public sale.
by AK rate this post as useful

. 2011/2/25 22:41
Oh so the seats are generally better than those sold in general sales? That's good news then.

But I really am just plain curious why they should have it distributed on a lottery and how it works? Like how do they determine which seats to give for lottery?
by lastmockingbird rate this post as useful

reply to this thread