Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa for modeling 2011/2/27 23:59
When I was studying in a Japanese Language School, one of my classmates was talking about how it was easy for foreign girls to find part-time jobs with modeling agencies for foreigners in Japan.
At the time I didn't need a job, do I didn't really pay attention to it, but now that I plan on going back to Japan and searching for a job, I thought that it may be an interesting option. (At least, a short-term one).

I have no experience modeling, and I am a lot shorter and slightly heavier than what the ''standards'' are in Europe.
But my classmate was also chubbier and wasn't particularly beautiful eithr, and she still found a job easily...

What are the best foreign talent agencies?
(I don't want to take risk ending up in ''adult'' entertainment...)

One of my main concern is, does modeling fall under the ''Entertainment'' work category?
In this case, foreigners on student or working holiday visas (my two options) shouldn't be allowed to do it?
by Kukkiri (guest)  

probably not that easy 2011/2/28 10:02
Hmm, I don't think it is anything like as easy as your friend made out- she may have found a job, but it was likely to have been a matter of her being in the right place at the right time.

Since modelling doesn't usually include working in bars or nightclubs it should be fine with a student or WH visa, but I wouldn't expect it to be anything like as easy to find work as your friend has told you.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread