Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hanshin Tigers @ Orix Buffaloes in May 2011/3/1 12:30
We're going to be in Japan in May and I really wanted to see a baseball game. I was hoping to catch the Giants when we were in Tokyo ((arriving Thursday may 12, leaving Tuesday may 17), but theyfre only home that Thursday and our flight doesnft get into Narita until 4pm. Then we hoped to catch a Hanshin Tigers home game while we were in Kyoto (from that Tuesday may 17 through sat may 21), but looks like they wonft be home either.

Looking at the schedules, even though it sounds like the Osaka Dome isnft quite the experience that Koshien Stadium is, it seemed like catching Hanshin on the road against the Orix Buffaloes (probably the 18th) was a reasonable compromise.

So while Ifll take any advice or feedback on that decision, my real question iscan we buy tickets day of at the gate? Or should we secure them in advance? And if advance, any advise on how? We looked at Bill Bavasifs JapanBallTickets.com, but therefs a $60 service fee (which will be more palatable if we decide to see sumo in Tokyo, but wefre not sure we want to commit to that yet).

Thanks in advance.
by walllyg  

tigers 2011/3/3 10:08
tigers home games are probably the hardest tickests to get. koshien stadium is quite an experience and the tigers fans are a sight to see.

the good news is you have a much better chance of getting a ticket for osaka dome on the day. Also Osaka dome is covered where Koshien is an outdoor stadium - great if its a nice day but not so much fun otherwise.

I am not a huge baseball fan but the whole spectacle is something you really should see. Buying beer and watching the cheering are both more interesting than the actual game for me.

You will always be able to buy sumo tickets at the door on the day
by rick (guest) rate this post as useful

Day of in Osaka even against Hanshin? 2011/3/6 10:38
So you don't think I need to be concerned that Hanshin is the away team against Orix at the Osaka dome? You think I'll still be able to get tickets day of?

If by some chance they're sold out, what is the scalping situation in Tokyo?
by walllyg rate this post as useful

Jump in the river after ... 2011/3/9 23:04
Orix are one of the two worst teams in Japan along with the Yokohama Baystars. As a result, their games aren't really popular and you can therefore usually buy the tickets on the day of the game at the gate. However, as Hanshin are the other team, I imagine that the away section will have a good turn-out and I'd therefore advise you to get to the stadium early to ensure that you can buy consecutive seats. An hour and half before should be fine, but if you want to play it suoer safe you could always go for 2 hours.

Regarding the atmosphere, Koshien is much better, but hey, beggars can't be choosers and the Skymark stadium is a nice modern venue, without the history and wildness of the Tigers' ground of course.
by Hey Ho (guest) rate this post as useful

skymark and scalpers 2011/3/19 08:22
because the buffaloes merged with blue wave, they have two home stadiums - kyocera (osaka) dome and skymark stadium in kobe. the game you are interested in is at kyocera dome.

scalping is rare but there is a ticket reselling service. there are lots of ticket shops (often referred to as ticket pia) that sell tickets that they have bought from people who can't use or don't want the tickets.

next to koushien stadium is a daie department store. there is one of these ticket shops there. as they are next door to koushien stadium they get tickets for the tigers games.

the good news is, these tickets are slightly cheaper than the original ticket price.

if you don't mind a short trip from osaka station out to koushien on the hanshin train line - this is one possibilty. while you are there you could at least check out the outside of koushien stadium. there is also a museum on the grounds - i imagine it could also get you inside the actual stadium.

update on the game 2011/4/25 06:43
howdy! how are you going with your tickets? i went to osaka dome yesterday to see the buffaloes play the lions. the stadium is big and very impressive. it was only half full due to the teams but will probably get close to full with the tigers playing. btw how many of you will be going? i'm starting to think tickets in advance might be the go.

reply to this thread