Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Concert Ticket Help? 2011/3/5 19:56
I won a lottery for concert ticket but I think my seating sucks (it's too far from the stage). My question is:

(1) Is there a way to purchase a new ticket with a better seating given that the regular selling of tickets is yet to start this week or the next (the one I got was pre-ordered)

(2) Is there a way to discard of my ticket now like, sell it or something?

Note that I purchased it through a shopping service that specializes for online shopping of stuffs in Japan.

Thanks and I would appreciate your responses!
by lastmockingbird  

... 2011/3/6 12:26
(1) With the regular sales, I don't think there is any guarantee that you get a better seating :( Are you in Japan? If so, you can buy through a ticketing agency such as PIA or eplus. For some concerts, they allow you to select the seat from a seating map on their website, but this is not for all concerts/events.

(2) You cannot return it to the shopping service, correct? Do you know anyone in Japan who can put it up on Yahoo!Japan auctions for you, or if it's a really popular concert, there "might" be people on the day of the concert standing outside the venue with signs up "Tickets wanted" (in Japanese) so you might be able to find a buyer.
by AK rate this post as useful

. 2011/3/6 19:48
Hmm..I believe I already have the worst seating such that nothing else will be worse than what I have. Mine is soooo far from the center I believe I would need binoculars just to see the performers. XD

Would auction be an option?

I purchased it through an online service and I will be contacting them and ask how to dispose of the ticket in case a better one is available.

Thanks for your reply!
by lastmockingbird rate this post as useful

. 2011/3/6 23:40
lastmockingbird,

This is not an answer to your question, but indeed, free tickets such as invitation tickets or lottery tickets are often at the very rear.

However, that doesn't necessarily mean they are "the worst." You can usually see everything in the venue. I even got to see a part of the backstage, and everything except the drummer.

One of the really worst tickets you can get are tickets on the very rear of the ground floor. All you see are heads, and the sound is aweful. Compared to that, you might have fun. Nothing you can see on DVDs!
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/3/7 01:35
@Uco, you might have a point.

But I'm quite determined nevertheless to try other options to acquire a better seat. I'm just quite frustrated about this because this is my favorite artist and I only get to visit Japan maybe once in my lifetime (and hence to see him perform live/in flesh). This is the fan in me raging out for a better seat!

If all else fail, I hope I do enjoy still like what you say.

Thanks!
by lastmockingbird rate this post as useful

Which concert are you going to? 2011/3/8 14:36
There's always online sale - for example Yahoo Auctions or ticket.co.jp where you can choose the seats.

by Aya (guest) rate this post as useful

Also, 2011/3/8 18:21
check mbok.com for tickets. It's just another auction site. It may take a while for tickets to start showing up. I don't know who you are seeing or where you got the lottery ticket from, but a lot of times the places that you get the lottery tickets from don't send them out to people until two weeks or so before the date of the show. At least that is usually what happens with the tickets that I get through lottery.
by skobedo83 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread