Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gardening 2011/3/5 23:18
I looked at the dirt in a farm and it looks very different from the dirt you buy for pots. Is it superior for growing food? Do they sell that kind of dirt for pots at all?
by MomotaroPeachBoy  

. 2011/3/6 23:22
MomotaroPeachBoy,

My understanding is that dirt in both farms and gardening goods shops come in all different shapes and colors. And when you shop, you're usually supposed to blend various types of dirt according to the plant you want to grow. It's hard to believe this is unique to Japan.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

soil 2011/3/7 06:11
Uco is right.....garden stores sell different soils depending on what want to grow.

Fields etc. located by a river that floods regularly have vastly different soil from those on a mountain slope..this is true everywhere in the world.

One of my great uncles was a farmer in France...the soil in the vineyards he owned by the river was totally different from the soil in his other vineyards 3 km away. but at an upper elevation...
The first soil was dark coloured and felt heavy in the hand and always a bit humid, while the other soil was light coloured, felt dry in the hand, and had lots of small stones, 1to 3 inches in length and width, ...as a result the wines had different taste in each area.

.. ...
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread