Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What degree to teach in Japan? 2011/3/12 04:54
I'm 21 years old and my dream is to travel to Japan to teach. Right now I want to build my education goals around my dream but I need advice!

Do I NEED a University degree or is just a College degree enough? I want to take Early Childhood Education as a degree in College but I will go to University to get a degree if I have to...

I'm so confused, please give me some advice v_v
by exiledmadness  

Any 2011/3/12 15:25
Any 4 year degree is fine. It does not have to be in education.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Degree 2011/3/13 20:59
If you just want to do this as a stop gap between now and what you actually wnat to do as a career, then any degree is ok to become a teaching assistant in japan.
If like myself you are thinking about permenant relocation, i am doing a TESOL degree with japanese language. With the TESOL it includes a Trinity College teaching certificate. You will get more money, in theory, if you have the teaching qualifications.
F.Y.I I am in UK.
by Hayley (guest) rate this post as useful

Visa requirements 2011/3/13 21:12
Exiledmadness,

You need a bachelor's degree from an accredited university. It doesn't have to be a 4-year degree, and it can be in any subject.

by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread