Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gaijin male attending Haru Comi 16? 2011/3/12 16:27
So if all goes as planned, I should be leaving from Amsterdam to Tokyo on March 17th and arriving there the next day (yes, I'm aware of the earthquakes and everything but I'm not gonna let a few earthquakes stop me -- besides, Swiss Air won't let me re-book my flight so it's not like I have much choice anyway), and one of the things I wanna do while I'm in Japan is attend Haru Comic City 16 on March 20th.

Thing is, I'm male, 21 y/o, fairly tall (188cm, 6'2''), multiracial (black/white, though my best friend describes me as ''having 5 different things going on at once,'' and have a goatee and facial piercings. So basically, I'm everything Japan isn't used to, and then some (no tattoos though, so at least they won't think I'm a criminal... hopefully), and from what I've heard Haru Comi is absolutely *dominated* by the female sex.

Obviously I'm gonna get a lot of weird looks no matter where I go, but I don't want people to think I'm a total creeper for attending a female convention. I've never been to an anime/comic convention and would really like to attend one, but I don't think I'll have many other options during my stay (2 weeks) -- especially since I'll be leaving the Tokyo area after a few days and explore as much of the lower half of Japan as possible.

So what's your stance on a gaijin like me attending Haru Comi? Should I just go for it or would it be too awkward of an experience?
by Axersia  

... 2011/3/12 20:32
Go and have fun
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

reply to this thread