Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Go to japan or lose job? 2011/3/15 16:26
It seems like questions about whether to travel to japan have already been asked, but my situation is alittle different. I am not going as a tourist but to start work as an alt. I am scheduled to arrive the 18th and my training is in Saitama from the 22nd. I have emailed my company and I was told everything was okay, but that was before reports of radiation in Saitama and Tokyo. If I don't go, I will lose the position. Should I postpone my flight until the 21st and stll go, or is the situation such that I should just give up?
by Rei (guest)  

... 2011/3/15 17:43
The situation is unlikely to have changed with the reports about heightened radiation, because the radiation level were nowhere where it would be dangerous to human health.

Why not ask them if it is possible to come in later? If it is not possible, it comes down to your personal decision.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Moving to Japan 2011/3/15 17:52
Rei,

Whereabouts in Saitama will you be living and working? Given the current state of rail services and possible power outages, scare stories about radiation could be the least of your worries.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks for the replies... 2011/3/15 18:54
I'm not actually sure where I will be yet. My training is in Kazo, but I won't find out about my placement until training. I could be anywhere in saitama or possibly gunma. As for the blackouts, I've been through them several times because of hurricanes, so I'm not that worried, but I know it will be difficult. Do you think it will be difficult to secure housing because of them?

It's just really hard to keep a cool head and understand the situation with all of the media hype and my family members all berating me constantly for wanting to go.
by Rei (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread