Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get to and live in Japan? 2011/3/16 11:26
I'm twenty years old,  I have a high school diploma, I'm a Canadian citizen, I work as a heavy equipment operator in a sawmill (lumber industry) and am competent in the Japanese language.  I would like to teach English but I believe a bachelors degree is necessary, although programs such as TESOL say they can certify people to work overseas and they list Japan as an available country.  What other options do I have?  Or do I absolutely need a college degree?  Thanks you so much!
by Taylor Vee  

Living and working in Japan 2011/3/16 13:43
Taylor,

This is a frequently asked question, so you really ought to take the time to read through similar questions and answers in the forum archives. In short, without a university degree, it is near impossible to get a working visa. However, as a Canadian citizen, you have the option of the Working Holiday Visa, which lets you live and work in Japan for one year without the need for qualifications such as a degree. I suggest you google for more details.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread