Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Translation Volunteers Available 2011/3/16 18:44
Hi there, I am "Aki Takamoto", an international student in California, San Diego. Currently I am studying in San Diego State University and looking for things I can do to help people in Japan. I was born in Japan and fluent in Japanese, as well as English (I've been living in the U.S. for 14 years, and have experience in translating academic journals).

I want to tell you about a non-profit organization where they help people on translation, both from Japanese to English and vice versa.

They are called ACIMA corporation and the below is their website.

http://acimacorporation.com/hotline.html

Basically what they do is offering volunteer translators who has difficulty in communicating due to language barrier. Right now they are helping many victims of the massive earthquake in Japan.

If you are interested, please go to the website and ask them for help. I am sure this could help many people, specially ones living in Japan with limited skill in Japanese.
by Aki1217  

thanks 2011/3/26 13:09
hey Aki,
Very cool! thanks for sharing this info with people! Never heard of this before, nice to know.
by Daz88 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread