Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Current situation in Kawasaki kanagawa? 2011/3/20 20:28
im very worried to my niece, it seems that up to now their land line phone isn't working properly, because a recording answers telling that ''due to relocation, the number has been changed''
can anyone please tell me, hows the current situation in kannon kawasaki, kanagawa?

thank you.
by chi (guest)  

... 2011/3/20 21:18
Kawasaki is directly south of Tokyo, inside the area affected by occasional scheduled blackouts, as explained on the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/news/0018.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

She changed her number 2011/3/20 23:22
Chi,

If the phone says, "due to relocation, the number has been changed" it's probably telling the truth. Your niece changed her number for one reason or another.

I live near the area and I've had problems with my phone since the 11th, but the announcements are proper. The phone either gives me a beep in vane, or it says "can't connect." It never says "number changed."

Kawasaki did suffer slight damage, but no one has died there and movie theaters are running (although re-scheduled). Don't worry about it. If you have other means of contact, try them at different hours. They don't have blackouts all day. For example, doesn't the voice give you the new number?

For more details, check out the official website of the city.
http://www.city.kawasaki.jp/index_e.htm
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

No prob 2011/3/21 03:33
I have a friend whom I talk to on the phone everyday who lives in Kawasaki. I'm not sure which ward of Kawasaki you are referring to but from what I hear, things are relatively normal. (at least for miyamae-ku). I also don't think there should be much to be worried about for Kawasaki.
by Psycho Mike (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you 2011/3/21 08:15
Thank you very much for all your replies. Maybe they changed their number for one reason or another but base from your replies I believe that shes okay.
Thank you again. God bless.
by Chi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread