Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working in Japan as SAS analyst 2011/3/22 19:16
Hi,

I am currently a SAS developer working in one of major financial company in Australia.

I like Japanese culture on how they respect other people and the country is very clean and beautiful.

What is the chance for me getting a job in Japan for this kind of position.

How is working in Japan compared to Australia?

by sydboyz (guest)  

Realistically 2011/3/22 23:28
I am assuming that SAS analyst means you are a statistics analyst.

If you don't speak Japanese, your chances are very slim to none, to be honest.

I don't know a lot about your field, but I have a hard time imagining that you have capabilities that plenty of qualified Japanese applicants for a job would not also have, and they would not pose a language problem to their prospective employer.

If you bring something to the table that they don't, without a lot of drawbacks, then your chances go up. For example, if there was some aspect of a position that made native-language English fluency a large positive, and you also could speak passable Japanese, then you might have a chance.

Realistically, your best options to live in Japan for a while are to go as a student, an English teacher, or to find a way to get transferred to Japan through your current employer (or some other local firm), if they have a Japanese subsidiary.

Good luck
by Good luck (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread