Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

UFJ bank account 2011/3/27 21:32
Hello all,

I studied in Japan for a year from september 2009 till august 2010. I made a bank account at Mitsubishi UFJ, but due to events happening I wasn't able to close the account before returning to my home country. So the account is still open now. Before leaving I withdrew almost all my money except for some 300 yen. The thing I'm worrying about is that I had to pay my last monthly fee for JCom internet, but I don't know if they deducted it from my account before I withdrew everything except the 300 yen, or after. If they did it afterwards, my account would have a negative balance. What is UFJ's policy on negative balance bank accounts? I'm kinda fearing that when I go back to Japan I have to pay a huge amount of fees and such because I left my account open with a negative balance...

I can't check my account from my home country, nor can I go to Japan fast. What should I do?
by UFJ (guest)  

. 2011/3/28 02:27
Pick up the telephone and call UFJ in Japan and ask to see what the status of your account is.

UFJ doesn't have mobile online banking? It doesn't have telephone banking?
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/3/28 16:52
To UFJ (or whatever your name is),

Are you saying that 300 yen is all you had left and that you didn't have any "teiki-yokin" left aside from that or anything?

If so, 300 yen is all the bank can pay. For example, say JCom billed you 500 yen from your account. Their attempt to pull out money will simply end as a failure. In other words, they can't collect money from you.

So the next thing JCom would do is to send a notice to you saying you should pay the money properly. If they receive no money nor response from you, they can finally report you to the police. Either way, the bank will have nothing to do with it.

On a related note, you could have viewed the details of your UFJ account on-line any time if you had applied for it.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread