Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Teaching in the south 2011/3/28 10:09
If you're currently living in Kyushu or Shikoku, please can you respond? I was planning to return to Japan to teach in the south (have been away over a decade), but am now worried that it is not safe. I know the radiation is not supposed to go that far, but what about things like transportation, stocks of food, etc. on grocery shelves, or other long-lasting effects. Are there any food/water shortages? Is life just going on as usual, or have things changed down there? (Other than the nation's collective grief, of course.) In short, should I change my plans and stay away? I would appreciate any and all advice/information anyone might have.

Thank you!
by Jennifer (guest)  

Life on Shikoku 2011/3/29 09:09
Jennifer, hi there!

Life here on Shikoku is "as usual". No shortages whatsoever (so far), gas price went up, but I guess that's not just "Fukushima-related". No radiation at this time - we are probably too far South and I hope it will stay like this.

If you want to know more, please send me an e-mail: klausdorth(at)web.de.
by kulachan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread