Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

the water supply in Atami 2011/4/4 15:07
I know my family is overworried about making a trip in Tokyo at end of June. I really wants to use evidence to pacify them about the safety in staying in Tyo. Can anyone tell me whether Atami share same water supply as Tyo? I plan to stay at Atami for a few days followed by a trip in Tyo at end of June. My Hb is concerned about the radiation dust and contamination of water and seafood. We really like sushi. Is it safe to have sushi in Atami?
by cheuk  

... 2011/4/6 10:47
Can anyone tell me whether Atami share same water supply as Tyo?

No. Neither the water of Atami nor the water of Tokyo has ever had any radioactivity levels harmful to adults.

My Hb is concerned about the radiation dust and contamination of water and seafood.

The radiation experienced during your flight will likely be by far the strongest radiation you will be exposed to during your entire trip. Right now, there is no reason for worry about dust, water and seafood. But if your hb is one of the overreacting type of people, he might not be able to enjoy the trip, nevertheless.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Are you sure? 2011/4/6 11:25
Uji, are you very sure it is no harmful even at current state with bumping 11500 ton of radiator water into sea.
by May (guest) rate this post as useful

110% Sure 2011/4/6 12:30
There really is nothing to worry about. The water they are dumping into the sea is near Fukushima prefecture. Atami is in Shizuoka prefecture. The distance between them is at least 140 miles or 220 kms.

Not to mention, the water doesn't have a very high concentration of radiation. Whatever radiation is left in the "contaminated" water will most certainly be almost completely filtered out by the Pacific ocean by the time it reaches the shores of Shizuoka.

Finally, TEPCO is dumping this radiation water in the Pacific Ocean. Atami's waters (I'm assuming the OP is going to a hot spring) are from the ground. Basically, it's fresh water vs. salt water. Hence, there's not much of a relationship between the two sources of water.

I think Uji has every reason to say it isn't harmful.
by gh6 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread