Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should I go to Japan in mid-may? 2011/4/27 09:46
I am deciding to go Japan in mid-may.
The destination is Chiba where the company I work with ,I know Chiba is far from Tokyo but I am not sure the true situation that I should go or not.I am worried about nuke crisis but I am not afraid of earthquake..anyone who please suggest me, thank you!!
by Krati (guest)  

. 2011/4/27 12:22
Krati,

I don't know what you are comparing Chiba with Tokyo for, but most parts of Chiba were unaffected by the recent earthquake, and at the moment no part of Chiba Prefecture have restrictions related to radiation. Hope you have a good time.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Chiba 2011/4/27 14:47
The destination is Chiba where the company I work with ,I know Chiba is far from Tokyo but I am not sure the true situation that I should go or not.

Do you mean Chiba City or Chiba Prefecture? Either way Chiba is not far from Tokyo. It is the prefecture right next door. Chiba City is towards the middle of the prefecture and roughly the same distance from the disaster area as Tokyo. The situation in both is pretty similar, that is, there aren't any restrictions for those living in either city.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

More information 2011/4/27 15:03
I will live in Ichihara city , Chiba.
Actually I dont know how far it is from Tokyo.
Anyone know how much Nuke rate in the area?
I remember it was 0.7 uSv/hr in beginning of march.

My purpose to know the current situation about Nuclear radiation in that area .I dont mind earthquake occur oftentimes because I know the building I work and stay are safety for me ..I am worried about Nuke :(

Thank you everyone
by Krati (guest) rate this post as useful

ichihara city 2011/4/27 15:24
Ichihara City is just south of Chiba city, roughly 10 km further south from the nuclear power plants:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Ichihara+city+,+Chiba&oe=utf-8&client=fi...

Here's updated radiation levels from Ichihara City:

http://www.pref.chiba.lg.jp/taiki/h23touhoku/houshasen/20110318.html

The readings are around 0.048 uSv/hr today which is only slightly higher than the normal 0.022-0.044 range that was measured in the city during 2009.

btw 2011/4/27 15:41
BTW, where are you from?

. 2011/4/27 19:39
What has Tokyo got to do with anything? Why do keep worrying about how far or close it is to Tokyo? You do realise that the earthquake and nuclear plant are hundreds of kilometres from Tokyo right? So why are you worried about how close you are to Tokyo?
by Hmm (guest) rate this post as useful

don't come 2011/4/27 23:30
If you worry so much, don't come.
You should mind earthquake too, it do relate with Nucler, I think so.

I live in Tokyo, worry and scare about earthquake more than Nucler.
Fukushima is far enough in this situation, right now.

If you don't know or can not search how far from Chiba to Tokyo.
I guess you don't really know where is nucler power plants.
Why don't you starts to know where is location all of it.
You should recognized how far from Fukushima to Chiba.

again, don't come.
If you worried so much how can you start to work?
You can not get minimum information by yourself.
I'm sure you will be panic with everything happen in Japan, even earthequake.
by tubu (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you 2011/4/28 10:01
Thank you all comment , especially the nuke rate I feel relief and I plane to go Japan next month.

Well , I am from Thailand and I will go to work as trainee for a year at Ichihara city, Chiba.

I refer to Tokyo because I think Tokyo is closest city to Chiba and Tokyo is closer the nuclear plant compared Chiba, and if tourist still have trip in Tokyo that show it is safety..

I have to say sorry if my question annoy some people here but thank you all :)
by Krati (guest) rate this post as useful

Chiba and Tokyo 2011/4/28 13:44
Krati,

As suggested, you were totally misinformed about the difference between Tokyo and Chiba. Compared to Tokyo, Chiba Prefecture suffered much more damage than Tokyo both from the tremor and nuclear radiation. But still, the damage is nothing to worry about, especially in Ichihara. Hope you have fun.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread