Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Salary of a neurosurgeon? 2011/5/7 18:52
I was just wondering the salary of a neurosurgeon in japan. yen to usd
by thatamericanboy  

well sad part 2011/5/8 08:52
as of 2011
low end 153 00 high end 276 000 USD

BUT the sad part is, if you are from the west you will have to go to school for many many years to even qualify and even then you wont get accepted most likely.

you have to know perfect japanese written and writing and you have to go japanese college and medical school.
by Mar044 rate this post as useful

OP... 2011/5/8 12:31
Are you aspiring to be a neurosurgeon or have you achieved the degree and the specialty? If you are a practising neurosurgeon (especially if experienced and certified with the specialty) and you are quite fluent in Japanese, I think you could find work in Japan. The advantage of being native in English and fluent in Japanese means you could work with English speaking patients as well as Japanese ones and put them at ease. If you are aspiring to be a neurosurgeon, first you must complete a lot of school as well as specialized training and perhaps fellowship. Then you must also become fluent in Japanese. It is possible but is a very long road. I have a relative who is bilingual and in her final phase of specialization in neuro-immunology. It can be done but it takes lots of time, effort and dedication. Of course money is not the best reason to become a physician in Japan. Helping to heal others with this healing art is the best reason.
Good luck to you! I hope you have success!
by hirosumi rate this post as useful

. 2011/5/8 13:11
just one added note to above, remember one difference from west vs japan. you can be criminally held responsible for patients death and arnt protected by hospitals or doctor unions. By all means if you have the skills already and can achieve written and speaking Japanese then go for it.

really??.. 2011/5/9 01:49
I plan on going to grad school in japan. and knowing Japanese shouldn't be a problem.what did you mean by high and low end? starting salary 100k? and experienced salary 200k? can you elaborate more? i tried to find info like this everywhere, its always ads. thanks for the info/feedback keep them comming!
by thatamericanboy rate this post as useful

. 2011/5/9 03:23
depends on where you work and how long. it was taken by a doctor salary paper. type in japan neurosurgeon salary 2011 on google, you will find out more info.im no expert on that but i did ask a friend of mine whos father is a doc and he agrees that the median number is about right.

. 2011/5/9 10:52
You can earn alot more money in the USA as a neurosurgeon plus you will probably need to study Japanese for 2-3 years before you could start the course. Waste of time unless you have to go for family reasons or you have a scholarship at one of the major universitys.
by Adohh rate this post as useful

reply to this thread