Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo University reaction among locals? 2011/5/7 18:57
I heard if you go to Tokyo university people go out their way to greet you and what not. Like a higher form of respect. Is that true?
I mean nothing like that happens here even if you go into Harvard. people will just be like "wow good job" then continue on in their lives.
Anyone have a story or know anyone you want to talk about that went or knows about Tokyo u?
by thatamericanboy  

?? 2011/5/8 12:03
i never heard about that!!!i don't think people actually do that XD
of course if you tell somebody that you are a Todai student he/she will tell you something like 'oh it's incredible,you must be so smart' etc etc

but i know that many people graduated from Todai are bullied on the job place.

by elisa (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/5/9 16:33
nobody's going to "go out their way to greet you and what not"... where did you heard that?
by Max (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/5/9 20:07
thatamericanboy,

Nothing like that happens here even if you go into Harvard. people will just be like "wow good job" then continue on in their lives.
by Uco@Tokyo area (guest) rate this post as useful

nothing special 2011/5/10 00:06
no big deal

i meet todai graduates all the time.. nothin special about most of them. a lot of them have a big gap in their social lives from all the years they buried themselves in cram schools and books
by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread