Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Camera panasonic lumix TZ10/ DMC ZS7 2011/5/8 22:57
Hi, I'll be heading to Osaka shortly and realized I don't have a camera, I was hoping to purchase a Camera panasonic lumix TZ10/ DMC ZS7 digital camera.

Could someone tell me if you have this model for sale? And how much it will cost?

It if by some miracle where I can get it?
by confusion101  

lumix camera 2011/5/9 10:19
The DMC-TZ10/ZS7 is an older camera so supplies are running low, though I did find it at one retailer in Osaka for 19500 yen. Any reason you're looking for that particular model?

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000083223/shop1704/?lid=shop_itemview_shopnam...

The newer DMC-TZ20/ZS10 model is more widely available. You can find it at any electronics retailer with a good camera section for about 30000 yen, or at discounters for around 26000 yen. The difference is the newer model does 1080 HD
video and has a slightly longer 16x zoom.

http://kakaku.com/search_results/lumix+DMC-TZ20/?l=l&lid=ksearch_searc...
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Tz20 2011/5/9 12:04
I heard that the TZ20 picture quality is less,

If that is the case and the only reason to get it is the new video functions then its not an issue as i wont be making videos that often.

is that i heard two? can anyone input?
by confusion101 rate this post as useful

sensor 2011/5/9 12:40
I've seen similar reviews and have used cameras with backlit cmos sensors that supposedly suffer from the same downgraded image quality. However, depending on how you use the camera, I don't see it being that much of an issue in regular use. Its probably something you wouldn't ever notice unless you read one of the reviews. Here's one that mentions the sensor issues and has a bunch of sample images to check out. Take a look and compare them to their review of the TZ10.

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_TZ20_ZS10/index....

I think either would be a great camera. The TZ20 has some great upgrades including a longer and wider zoom, 1080 HD recording, and significantly better continuous shooting options. These are probably more noticeable gains than any perceived loss of image quality. However, if price is more of a concern then the TZ10 might be a better choice if you can find it. I think you'll be happy with whichever model you choose.

TZ20! 2011/5/9 13:16
well im assuming ill go with the TZ20 if the differnce isant that noticable, now just where to get it in Osaka at the best price?

Previous post state that website?

how does it work and how can i order?
Do they have a store?
Delivery to Hotel?

Any other camera stores in Osaka and price for the TZ20?

If possible ill like to pay Cash

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLYS!!!

. 2011/5/9 14:05
I hope you can read Japanese. Like all new Panasonic and Sony cameras, the TZ20/10 only has Japanese menus.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

menus 2011/5/9 15:26
Good point, I totally forgot to mention that. And unlike panasonic's micro 4/3rds offerings, there is no option to hack the firmware to change the language settings.

Also to answer your earlier question, the TZ20 is about $350 AUD putting is right around the same price as what some retailers in Australia look to be selling it for. I'd recommend getting it at home before your trip (which is generally better anyway as it lets you get everything you need and allows you to become familiar with your camera before you travel).

Japanese? 2011/5/9 15:28
How can that be the case? We have the tz20 here also in Australia.
I heard that major shops in Japan sell english models???

Am I unable to get an English one in Osaka?

price 2011/5/9 16:49
also the cheapest i can get a TZ20 here is about $500 and thats already taken down in price

Japanese/English camera models 2011/5/9 16:54
confusion101 wrote:

Like it or not, that is the case.

Some larger stores and duty-free stores sell export versions with English-language menus and manuals, but the range is usually very limited, and you will generally be paying more than you would for the same Japanese model, and probably more than you would in your home country.
Note also that if you buy a Japanese camera (i.e. not an export model), the warranty will most likely not be valid outside Japan.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

localizations 2011/5/9 17:04

Sorry, that's just the cast. Panasonic and Sony localize their domestic products specifically to Japan.

Yes, but as dave said they are often far more expensive than the equivalent domestic models.

Am I unable to get an English one in Osaka?

Probably, but it will likely cost the same or more than if you bought one in Australia.

also the cheapest i can get a TZ20 here is about $500 and thats already taken down in price

I found some price comparisons here. Can't vouch for the accuracy or reliability of the vendors though.

http://www.shopbot.com.au/pp-panasonic-lumix-dmc-tz20-price-296349.htm...
http://www.myshopping.com.au/PR--384526_Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_TZ20_DMC_Z...

Thanks all 2011/5/9 17:13
Oh well thanks anyways all, I might opt for the tz10 then due to price and also I wouldent use the video option as much anyways so the added features are not a huge plus for my use

Thanks!!! All very helpful

reply to this thread