Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

kakaku.com 2011/5/9 12:41
Can someone explain to me how http://kakaku.com/camera/digital-camera/ works?

ill be in osaka and want a camera. how do i order one? do they have a store? how is it delivered? can i get it to my hotel?

help help help
by confusion101 (guest)  

kakaku 2011/5/9 12:47
Kakaku is like google shopping. They are not a store, instead they catalog prices from around the internet and direct you to the stores' websites from where you can make your purchase.

Once you've found the item that you are looking for on Kakaku you can either visit the store in person (probably easiest for travellers), or order it online and have it delivered to your hotel (contact the hotel first, many times this requires COD).

At the very least Kakaku serves as a good indicator of the actual retail prices in stores in Japan. You may not be able to get the lowest listed prices, but around the middle of the the listings is what the price at retail stores tends to be around.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

just a popular forum 2011/5/10 13:49
confusion101,

As Yllwsmrf suggested, kakaku.com is just a forum where consumers gather to share their stories about how they bought an item in the most reasonable prices they can negotiate for, or how the item works well or bad, or how an item suits their personal lifestyle or not.

Note that prices and stock of electric appliences change rapidly. The forum is only a guide to get your shopping started. But it's one of the most useful forums you can get when you want to know about experiences, even thought they may not always apply to you.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread