Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Clothes & inseam for 170+ cm tall women 2011/5/9 19:37
I am a 173/4cm tall woman weighing 57kg (I consider myself neither fat nor thin, though most people consider me on the thin side).

Will I find a decent selection of trousers to fit my height? 83cm/33'' inseam would be ideal but I am not too picky (I am willing to give or take a few cm) on a 69cm/27'' waist pair? Also, are most dress shirts too short (particularly torso length) on women who are 170+cm?

Thank you-- I am wondering whether I should bring a lot of my clothes with me.
by Tina (guest)  

clothes 2011/5/10 21:40
There are quite a lot of similar threads to this one here- try a search because I've written on this topic quite a lot before- I'm 175cm and pretty much exactly the same build as you :-)

Basically, no, you won't find much of a selection of trousers that fit you at all I'm afraid. I can buy trousers from Zara, sometimes Benetton, H&M and that is about it, although lately I've been finding that Uniqlo has long enough trousers in some styles- only just though.

Most Japanese brand stores stock trousers designed for women no taller than 165 cm at the very most, so there's only a very limited amount of places I can shop. I think if you went really high end with overseas designer brands you might find more options, but those are a bit out of my budget.

I don't find shirts or tops here too short in the torso for me at all, but most of my height is in my legs and I am fairly short in the upper body. The sleeves on most tops or jackets that are supposed to have full-length sleeves tend to be too short for me even with Benetton or Zara, but my arms are really long.

by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank Q! 2011/5/13 16:43
Thank you for your detailed responses Sira. I have searched and read a lot of your responses.

My legs are slightly long in proportion, but not really out of proportion. I suppose I can find a few pieces as long as I search high and low. I conclude that I better stick to skirts and dresses as much as possible in my case.

I also read about shoe sizes. I am a plus size in terms of length for shoes. My true size is 25.5-26cm, but I can cram up to 2 sizes smaller for open toe shoes.
by Tina (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread