Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Imperial Palace Guards 2011/5/17 07:05
This is for a novel I'm writing. Google has failed me, so I'm hoping someone here knows. At the Tokyo imperial palace, are there guards at the gates overnight? Walking the grounds? Or are they only there during the day when the gates are open?

Thanks!
by Melusine (guest)  

.. 2011/5/17 11:13
ummmmm ok...

without thinking your a criminal or terrorist and giving you the benifit of the doubt...

yes, like Buckingham palace,white house or any other place with important people or structures they are protected 24 hours a day.

by Mar044 rate this post as useful

hmmm 2011/5/17 12:41
ummmmm ok...

without thinking your a criminal or terrorist and giving you the benifit of the doubt...

Criminals and terrorists do tend to be prolific novel writers, so I can understand why your first instinct is to be suspicious.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/5/17 13:58
Hope this helps.
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%9A%87%E5%AE%AE%E8%AD%B7%E8%A1%9B%E5%A...

At the Imperial Villa at Hayama Beach, the guards are quite friendly and will say "konnichiwa" to you as you pass by in your bathing suits or will kindly recommend some nice restaurants when you're sort of lost and hungry after missing your off-season lunch hour.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

sigh 2011/5/17 14:29
the poster was wondering if they patrol at night, although it was more a joke the reality but come on, if a person asked that in japan he would be questioned:D BA in criminology and first tactic they use is oh its for work or research::D

but if the above response poster read what he asked, he wanted to know if they patrol at night, if at gatehouse so on, and that is the joke/concern is when a person asks for patrol positions at night lol, just pointing out :)
by Mar044 rate this post as useful

jk 2011/5/17 15:42
I'm just joking with you, no need to take ourselves too seriously now ;)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2011/5/17 22:23
Thanks! I had forgotten about the fact that the imperial family actually lives on the grounds so of course there would be guards. (Duh!)

The solution will have to be for certain characters to turn invisible. Which should tell you that if I am in fact a criminal, I am a delusional one who could not actually pull off a crime anyway. ;)
by Melusine (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread