Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Learning to Living in japan 2011/5/19 09:42
OK I'm 19 in the US and haven't been to college. I want to live in japan for many reasons, i heard i need a 4 year degree in whatever field then from there get a sponsorship for a work visa but if i do that in the us i wont know Japanese so can i do it in japan or maybe any alternative ways that will get the same end result of me living there. this may not matter but truth be told I'd like to achieve this goal of mine before I'm 30
by Civic DX  

... 2011/5/19 11:54
- To be eligible for a work visa, you need a bachelor's degree or several or more years of relevant work experience. And for you to be sponsored for a work visa (of course by the employer) you need to have some skills that make you attractive to the employer.

- For US citizens, the shortest way is to get the bachelor's degree in the US, then come to Japan with a job to teach the English language.

- Other ways to do that would be to go major in something you want to do, build some career with that in the US, and then possibly if that business has branch offices in Japan, get transferred.

- In order for you to be able to attend a university in Japan, you need to be fluent first in the Japanese language (unless you go to an American college in Japan such as Temple), for which people often come and enrol in a Japanese language school for 1, 1.5, or 2 years full-time BEFORE they can pass the exam/know enough Japanese to be able to follow classes in the local language.

Please search for other threads on this forum with key words like "moving to Japan" or "living in Japan."
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread