Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where buy Honda Dax mini bike in Japan? 2011/5/25 22:27
I would like to know if it is possible to buy these minibikes (either Dax, or Monkey) in Japan. In some countries in Europe, these mini bikes are very popular, you see them very often, but I hardly see any in Japan.

Are there any bike shops who still sell them, or can they only be bought through previous owners?
by Search (guest)  

honda minibikes 2011/5/26 10:17
Minibikes are widely popular in Japan, and I see them all over the place where I live. Honda still sells the Monkey new, however the Dax has been discontinued since 2000. You can easily find them used though.

http://www.honda.co.jp/motor/

http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=honda+st50&auccat=26318&aq...
http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=honda+st70&auccat=26318&aq...
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Thank you 2011/5/26 23:38
Hello, and thanks for the reply.

I see mini bikes all over Japan too, but I meant the Dax and Honda specifically. I think they look much cooler than those vespa look alikes. I didn't know the production of the Dax has been discontinued, but I also didn't know it was since 2000.

Thanks again for the helpful reply!
by Search (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/5/26 23:40
Sorry, I meant Dax and Monkey

Dax and Monkey 2011/5/27 10:48
I see mini bikes all over Japan too, but I meant the Dax and [Monkey] specifically.

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but I was talking about the Dax and Monkey specifically. I see Monkeys pretty much all the time, by far the most of any minibike, and also notice the occasional Dax here and there. Btw, the first link is to Honda's Motorcycle page where you can find links to the current production monkeys (didn't link to just one because there are several current models). The second and third links are to auctions for Dax's (based on engine size) to give you an idea of used prices.

Oh, OK 2011/5/27 16:13
Oh you did mean Dax and Monkey, gotcha.

Where in Japan do you live by the way? I'm in Kansai, and I don't think I've ever seen a Dax or Monkey before.

I checked out the sites you gave me. A little surprising that a Monkey can cost up to 289.000 yen! I remember the Dax being much cheaper than that.

minibikes 2011/5/27 16:21
Where in Japan do you live by the way? I'm in Kansai, and I don't think I've ever seen a Dax or Monkey before.

I'm out in Gunma. I see monkeys fairly frequently, but ast week I seeing like 2-3 per day probably due to the good riding weather. Dax's are far less common. I recall seeing them every so often though.

I checked out the sites you gave me. A little surprising that a Monkey can cost up to 289.000 yen!

Wait till you see the prices of customized ones!

I remember the Dax being much cheaper than that.

Yea, it seems to have become somewhat of a collectors item. Yahoo auctions may not be the best gauge of prices though. I'd check out your local motorcycle shop to get an idea of what's available. Btw, in case you didn't know you can ride both the 50cc monkey and dax (or any other 50cc bike) with just a regular Japanese driver's license.

. 2011/5/28 18:55
So you're out in the inaka in other words. Maybe that's why you see them a lot more.

I've seen the price of the customized one on yahoo auctions. It's a rediculous price. I don't think the customized bikes look good. I prefer the original.

Thanks though, I will ask the local honda shop next time too. Yeah in my country a lot of those Chinese brands like Jincheng, Dax look alikes have gained a lot of popularity.

minibikes 2011/5/30 11:07
So you're out in the inaka in other words. Maybe that's why you see them a lot more.

Yea, that's probably it. The motorcycle demographic out here is a little different than what I usually see around the bigger cities.

reply to this thread