Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

corretion of Japanese essay ^_^ 2011/6/1 05:02
Hello,

For my upcoming exam I'm writing about my last trip to Japan. Therefore I'm in need of someone, who can correct my essay ^^ Thank you.

東京へ行った時
二年前に、私は東京へ行きました。日本へ行ったことが 3回あるので、東京だけへ行きました。東京は世界で一 番いい市だと思います。
日本語を勉強するために、私はインターカルト日本語学 校と言う学校へ通学しました。あまり日本語をできませ んでしたが、入学試験に合格しました。難しくて、びっ くりました。2週間の後で、日本語の勉強は大変じゃな かったらしいでした。
その学校はいいだばしにあります。私は五反田に住んで いったから、地下鉄はとても便利でした。でも一番の朝 私はバスで行って、遅れました。だから、東京で地下鉄 よりバスのほうが不便だと思います。
毎日学校の後で、私はゲームセンターに行ったのに、ま だいつも日本人にビデオゲームでころされました。私の しゅみはビデオゲームだから、ぜんぜん分かりません。 。。
うんよく、日本人はとても親切な人です。かったら、私 にャtトドリンクを買ってくれました。プレゼントをも らうのはうれしいでした。それから、私といろいろな日 本人が友達になっていました。

私はお金があったら、冬休みには日本へ行くつもりだと 思っています。でも今度、ビデオゲームでかちたいです !

いじょうです。
by JulleBulle7  

... 2011/6/1 19:46
Since it's for your exam, it would not make sense to have it completely corrected by someone else; I'll just list some phrases/words that you might consider revising, as they stand out.

東京は世界で一 番いい市だと思います。- The choice of word for "city"

2週間の後で、日本語の勉強は大変じゃな かったらしいでした。- I'm not quite sure what you mean.

私は五反田に住んで いったから、- Sunde itta?
一番の朝 私はバスで行って、- The choice of word for "first" morning

ビデオゲームでころされました。- You don't say you "got killed" in a game, that phrasing is too shocking :)

ぜんぜん分かりません。 。。- I'm not sure what you mean (or how it connects from the previous sentence).

プレゼントをも らうのはうれしいでした。- Would you use "deshita" for past tense of "ureshii"?

それから、私といろいろな日本人が友達になっていました。- You might consider revising "natte imashita" part. Also the choice of word for "various"...

私はお金があったら、冬休みには日本へ行くつもりだと 思っています。- You might consider revising what comes after "tsumori"
by AK rate this post as useful

Corrections 2011/6/2 02:26
This is not an ''essay'' as in something I need to hand in. It's something I need to read aloud, so the teachers can hear how I pronounce things. They have urged us to get someone to correct it for us, so that's why I'm asking for help.

Here's my essay with corrections:

東京へ行った時
二年前に、私は東京へ行きました。日本へ行ったことが3回あるので、東京だけへ行きました。東京は世界で一番さいこうの町だと思います。
日本語を勉強するために、私はインターカルト日本語学校と言う学校へ通学しました。あまり日本語をできませんでしたが、入学試験に合格しました。難しくて、びっくりました。2週間後で、日本語の勉強は大変じゃなかったようでした。
その学校はいいだばしにあります。私は五反田に住んでいたから、地下鉄はとても便利でした。でもさいしょの朝私はバスで行って、遅れました。だから、東京で地下鉄よりバスのほうが不便だと思います。
毎日学校の後で、私はゲームセンターに行ったのに、まだいつも日本人にビデオゲームでまけされました。私のしゅみはビデオゲームだから、ぜんぜん分かりません。。。
うんよく、日本人はとても親切な人です。かれらがかったら、ときどき私にャtトドリンクを買ってくれました。プレゼントをもらうのはうれしかったでした。それから、私といろいろな日本人が友達になっていました。

私はお金があったら、冬休みには日本へ行くつもりだと思っています。でも今度、ビデオゲームでかちたいです!

いじょうです。

By ''2週間後で、日本語の勉強は大変じゃなかったようでした'' I mean ''after two weeks, studying Japanese didn't seem so hard.''

And by writing ''私のしゅみはビデオゲームだから、ぜんぜん分かりません。。。'' I tried to say ''since my hobby is video games, I don't understand at all (why I lost).''

Thank you for your help. With the two last points I don't know what you mean.
by JulleBulle7 rate this post as useful

... 2011/6/2 07:46
- For Tokyo as a big city, I might choose "toshi 都市" over "shi 市" or "machi 町."

- 2週間後で、日本語の勉強は大変じゃなかったようでした。- Still not quite right...

- To say "I lost in the games" or "they beat me with the games," the phrasing would be: まかされました

^ 私のしゅみはビデオゲームだから、ぜんぜん分かりません。。。- Then you need to add the "why (I lost)" into the sentence

- "urshikatta desu" is the way to go. You already have the past tense in "ureshiKATTA," so no need to use "deSHITA" after it

- 私といろいろな日本人が友達になっていました。 This sounds like "a variety of Japanese (in all different shades) became friends with me" (because of the combination of choices of the word "iroiro" AND the ending "natte imashita."
I would suggest either:
私は、日本でたくさんの人と友達になりました。(I made friends with many people in Japan.)
日本では、たくさんの人が友達になってくれました。(In Japan, many people (kindly) became friends with me.)

- 行くつもりだと 思っています should be 行くつもりです

P. S. 2011/6/2 07:59
JulleBulle7,

There is a reason why I'm not giving you just straight "corrections" and give you a flawless text... Even if the school told you to have your essay corrected by someone, I would want the essay to be "your" own sentences, written with the grammar and vocabulary that YOU know and understand :)

... 2011/6/2 18:00
- 2週間後で、日本語の勉強は大変じゃなかったようでした。- Still not quite right...

That's what it says it my textbook, so I don't know what's wrong with this sentence. Any hints?

- 私のしゅみはビデオゲームだから、ぜんぜん分かりません。。。- Then you need to add the "why (I lost)" into the sentence

I haven't learned that yet, so I don't think I can add that to the sentence.

Thank you very much for your kind help!

Some suggestions 2011/6/2 18:33
I mean ''after two weeks, studying Japanese didn't seem so hard.''

Here you've used the ・・ようでした structure to say "seemed," but actually you are talking about what it FELT to you, right? rather than what "it sounded like"? So then you might want to use some other pattern :)

2週間学校で勉強してみたら、日本語の勉強はあまり大変に感じなくなりました。
(After I studied for two weeks at the school, I no longer felt Japanese study to be very difficult.)
Is this about what you want to say?
・・・てみる = try something out
感じる = to feel
感じなくなる = to come not to feel, to come no longer to feel

Or (if you have not learned those expressions above),
2週間後には、日本語の勉強は あまり大変に感じませんでした。
(After two weeks, I did not feel Japanese language study to be too difficult.)

私のしゅみはビデオゲームだから、ぜんぜん分かりません

Something like...
私のしゅみはビデオゲームだから、なぜ いつも まける の か、ぜんぜんわかりませんでした。
(As my hobby was video games, I didn't understand at all why I always lost.)

... 2011/6/2 18:51
Okay, I understand that. Thanks! ^_^

reply to this thread