Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visit Japan 1st Time 2011/6/22 22:35
Dears,

going to be in Tokyo for 4 nights late November , looking for non commercial restaurants i'm foodie and looking for real place to have really good food and atmosphere and perfect wine + sake , looking for best beef/kobe in town + best japenese in town , and i don't know what they name it when ppl eating with out chair what they call it?

thanks in advance,
by Spooky (guest)  

gaishoku 2011/6/23 18:07
As you probably know, Tokyo has more Michelin starred restaurants than any other city in the world so finding places to sate your foodie urges shouldn't be a problem...

Here's a list of some of the sort of places where you'll find the fare you're after :

http://www.timeout.jp/en/tokyo/feature/1427/Michelin-Guide-2011-in-3-m...
by nom nom nom (guest) rate this post as useful

Visit Japan 1st Time 2011/6/23 19:45
thanks , could you guys tell me about the eating on table Sitting in the ground is this available most of restaurants ?
by spoow rate this post as useful

seating... 2011/6/23 20:50
I guess you mean 'zashiki' style.. sitting on zabuton cushions on the floor, rather than on chairs?

You'll find this seating arrangement in most 'washoku' Japanese cuisine restaurants and many also have 'hori kotatsu' seating where there is a 'hole' under the table for you to put your legs...
by nom nom nom (guest) rate this post as useful

Visit Japan 1st Time 2011/6/23 21:07
yes!! Thank you very much guys!!

best tea shop for selling green and white tea?

November weather ?

restaurants 2011/6/26 05:54
What is a non-commercial restaurant?
one that serve free food to poor people? Otherwise ALL restaurants are commercial...the g ot to make a profit...
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Visit Japan 1st Time 2011/6/26 18:34
no you understand me wrong , i mean there some restaurants they serve a really good food u test the meat it self not full of herbs you understand me?

restaurants you don't want to miss 2011/6/27 11:04
Here is a list of great restaurants if you are visiting Tokyo for the first time.

http://foodsaketokyo.wordpress.com/2011/06/20/indagare-interview-culin...
by Yukari Sakamoto (guest) rate this post as useful

Visit Japan 1st Time 2011/6/27 20:41
Thanks guys :) appreciate your recommendation and suggestion looking fwd to it ! and more :)

Plenty of choices! 2011/6/29 08:58
I spent 6 weeks in Japan in summer 2010, and the one tip I will give to you is
YOu can go wrong with the Restaurants in Ginza. There is a street that just has this row of restaurants, of course I don't know the name, but it is one of there famous food rows.
Enjoy!
by Travelman rate this post as useful

reply to this thread