Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Married to Japanese girl 2011/7/7 05:32
Hello all, and thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

I have recently married a Japanese girl in US (Maryland), and have filed all appropriate paperwork regarding marriage / green card in US.

I am curious as to what the advised / appropriate process is for notifying the Japanese government, so that our marriage is recognized there, and so that when I go to acquire a Japanese spouse visa, there are no surprises. Can anyone with experience in these matters provide any insight?

Thanks for your help.
by 外人 (guest)  

. 2011/7/8 09:57
Just have your marriage license professionally translated into Japanese and she can have you put on her family registry there. Not too complicated.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/7/8 10:16
Your wife needs to contact the Embassy of Japan. They have all the information you need. Don't worry. They won't bite you.

by Ikuyo Kuruyo (guest) rate this post as useful

marriage registration 2011/7/8 11:56
Note that you need to register your marriage at the Japanese embassy within three months of getting married. Also, I think you can just translate the marriage license yourself using the fill in the blanks form provided on the embassy website. The relevant info can be found here:

by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Thanks 2011/7/12 03:59
Appreciate all the feedback, I will do as everyone has kindly advised!
by 外人 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread