Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

bringing Osake outside Japan 2011/7/11 12:37
So I bought 1 bottle of Osake and a "summer package" special with 4 small bottles of Osake in it and I plan to take them with me when I leave Japan and return to my country.

Would this be allowed? And how should I declare them?

thank you!
by lastmockingbird  

... 2011/7/11 12:58
Japan does not care how much alcohol you take out of the country. But your destination country might care about how much you import:
http://philippines.visahq.com/customs/
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2011/7/11 13:11
errr...so there's no way I can import more than two bottles? :(
by lastmockingbird rate this post as useful

2 bottles 2011/7/11 13:24
I believe 2 bottles is just the duty free limit. You could bring more than that, but you may have to pay taxes on the extra bottles when entering the country.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2011/7/11 13:30
Aside from the matter of duty, there are also restrictions on carrying liquids onto planes. Depending on the size of the bottles, you may have to put them in your suitcase.
by Walkingfool (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/7/11 16:47
The link given by Uji is a little vague. The actual regulation is "2 bottles of alcoholic beverages of not more than 1 litre each." You do not state the size of these bottles, it might be that if the total contents of all five bottles is less than two litres you may be OK, although it would be totally up to the customs officer you encounter.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/7/13 10:18
If you're traveling alone, no. If there are more than one traveling, yes.
by geogeek1 rate this post as useful

BTW 2011/7/13 10:20
We packed several bottles of awamori from Okinawa in our suitcases, and they made the trip without any problems. Just declare them.
by geogeek1 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread