Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Meeting people in Tokyo 2011/7/12 17:51
Hi there, I will be in Tokyo from July 15 for holiday, I really would be interested to make some new Japanese friends who speak good English and can introduce me to the culture. Whatfs the best way to make new friends in Tokyo?
by Ahmed Baqer (guest)  

? 2011/7/12 18:30
It sounds like you need to hire a tour guide/guide interpreter for your visit to Tokyo (against a fee, I mean), or look for travel companions before you come.

If you have been interested in Japan, and happen to have pen pals in Japan with similar interests ALREADY, then meeting them in person and spending some time together would make sense. But you cannot just "make friends" in a new city in a different country when you come, and expect them to help you on your travels.

I mean, if I bump into some apparently visitors in a station in Tokyo, for example, who apparently needs some help with directions, I do help, but that does not mean I can show someone around Tokyo :)
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Not entirely true 2011/7/12 18:55
I heard for example about something unique to japan called "conversation lounge". Where Japanese practice their English and English tongue natives can get to learn about the culture.
by Ahmed b (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread