Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What kind of gifts do I bring? 2011/7/17 00:08
According to this page: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2004.html
It's a good idea to bring gifts from your home country. What are some gifts that I might bring from Canada?
by ubu123  

Gift 2011/7/17 11:47
I made a visit to Victoria, BC. a few years ago and picked up some cute looking stuffed animals dressed up like Mounties. I also picked up Maple flavored candies, I think snacks are the best for Japanese.
by jayT (guest) rate this post as useful

To whom? 2011/7/20 04:16
It may change, depending on who you bring to. To kids at your hostfamily-to-be, to roommates-to-be etc...
For children or girls, cute little things would be great. For a big party, a box of cookies, for example, would be nice. Cookies or something that are packaged individually so you can give one to one person.
However. Usually, Japanese present something to eat for Oseibo or Ochugen. But in your case, you are from Canada, so, some J people might not be good with foreign food even snacks. Moreover, gifts coming from a foreign country should be something memorable.
So, if you will give a few people, I recommend a fancy goods, like a key holder with a bear mascot, for example;)

I love Canada, by the way:)!yay
by tacae rate this post as useful

reply to this thread