Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

meals at Kawaguchiko 2011/7/28 13:14
We plan to take the 9.10 bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchi ko on August 31. Arrival at the Lake: 11 am. The retro bus schedule is 11:15, 11:45 and 12:30.
We plan to do Music Forest first and work our way back to the bus station with a stop at Kachi Kachi & around Herb Hall
What are our lunch options?
a. Can we buy bento at Kawaguchi ko bus stop and have a picnic near Music Forest? This way we can catch the 11:15 retro bus
b. If bento is not available, have lunch at Kawaguchi ko bus station and take the 11:45 retro bus?
c. Have lunch at Music Forest? Sounds expensive to me ...
d. Or do I really have to buy bento at Shinjuku station?

If possible, I prefer the first option.
Our daughter is only 6 and she's a slow eater. Hence, a picnic by the lake would be nice...

We'd also like to try the houtto noodle before heading back to Tokyo
Where can we have this noodle near Herb Hall or Kawaguchi ko bus station? Or are there many place to choose from?

Any suggestion for me?
Thank you
by juaralagu (guest)  

... 2011/7/28 23:04
I vaguely remember that dining and shopping options are rather limited around Kawaguchiko Station. But I would not be surprised if you can find a bento or two around the station somewhere. I am not sure.

The lunch at Music Forest is quite pleasant. European style in a pleasant restaurant. Outdoor terrace seating when the weather is good. There are plans that combine admission with a lunch at a small discount. The regular price for a lunch is around 1300 to 2000 yen per person:
http://www.kawaguchikomusicforest.jp/forms/info/info.aspx?info_id=2242...

We'd also like to try the houtto noodle before heading back to Tokyo
Where can we have this noodle near Herb Hall or Kawaguchi ko bus station? Or are there many place to choose from?

You can find tourist restaurants with the ほうとう sign here and there around the town. One such restaurant is just in front of the Kawaguchiko Station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

lunch in Kawaguchiko 2011/7/29 08:38
There are little cafes and restaurants around Kawaguchiko Station, convenience stores for obento, and all along the lake next to Kachi Kachi ropeway, etc. On the main road by the Kawaguchiko bridge, there are family restaurants, an Indian restaurant, Corner House Steakhouse, though some have only Japanese menu. If you want to have houtou for lunch, there is a Houtou Fudou shop (the same guys that own the one across from Kawaguchiko Station, this is a famous local houtou) on the corner of the main road near the music box forest. I think it is 1000 yen for a big pot of houtou and delicious. Slow eaters are fine, they don't rush people out of restaurants in Japan. :)
Here is the map:
http://www.houtou-fudou.jp/english/access.html
Have a great time!
by butabakamuchi (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks 2011/7/29 12:36
Thank you to you both for your knowledgeable answers.
by juaralagu (guest) rate this post as useful

Bentos from 7/11 2011/7/29 13:55
I just ate bento boxes from the local 7/11, nomnomnom
by 7/11 (guest) rate this post as useful

bento? 2011/8/1 13:11
Now it's interesting to know that we can buy bento boxes at 7/11 at Kawaguchi ko.
Is it allowed to eat the bento at Music Forest?
Or is there any place near Music Forest where we can sit down, eat our meal while enjoying the view of Mount Fuji?
by juaralagu (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/8/1 16:01
Is it allowed to eat the bento at Music Forest?

I am not sure whether there is a rule against it, but I definitely don't recommend it.

Or is there any place near Music Forest where we can sit down, eat our meal while enjoying the view of Mount Fuji?

Yes, there are some lakeside promenades with benches not far away.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread