Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Crime statistics for Tokyo 2011/7/29 19:08
Just as the title states, crime statistics of tokyo, japan for the year 2011 please. And out of curiousity, has reconstruction of areas hit by sunami been completed?
by Jmc (guest)  

... 2011/7/30 16:15
Just as the title states, crime statistics of tokyo, japan for the year 2011 please.

I doubt that there are 2011 numbers available. But here is some older data:
http://www.keishicho.metro.tokyo.jp/anzen/sub5.htm

Including a neat map for the data through 2010:
http://www.keishicho.metro.tokyo.jp/toukei/yokushi/yokushi.htm

And out of curiousity, has reconstruction of areas hit by sunami been completed?

Of course not! They have not even really started yet apart from clearing the area of rubble. Only 4.5 months have passed since the tsunami.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2011/7/30 22:53
Thanks man. You rock for the great help.
by Jmc (guest) rate this post as useful

the curiosity topic 2011/7/31 01:14
Well, just to add, I wouldn't really add "of course" to the "not." The restoration up in the Tohoku Tsunami area is being much delayed compared to say the restoration upon the Hanshin Great Earthquake back in the 90s.

A lot of the part has indeed been restored, but there is a great lack of volunteers. It is said that this is due to the area having much less roads and transportation and the difficulty of the type of damage they had.

Of course, we do have to keep in mind that, now that we have the internet, a lot of people are supporting through the internet making donations of money and other material such as clothes and furniture through "matching sites."

Support is greatly appreciated, although it is getting much better. And note that the damage is in the very limited coastal part of the wide Tohoku area. Other touristical areas are operating as usual.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reconstruction 2011/8/1 10:10
And out of curiousity, has reconstruction of areas hit by sunami been completed?

Absolutely not. Depending on what metrics you are using it will be years before the reconstruction is complete. The cleanup efforts have only just ended, and now the rebuilding begins.

For comparison it took several years to recover from Hurricane Katrina, and in many ways the reconstruction efforts are still ongoing (6 years later).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Wow 2011/8/1 23:18
Wow. Well theres a saying hat if you didnt know you better ask sombody, but i also couldve read as readin is fundamental. Either way i got my answers. Thanks alot all. Lol ....also, trust me i will definately be donating, even as a broke college graduate. Lol
by Jmc (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread