Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how can we get a koseki-tohon? 2011/8/16 14:50
hi! nice forum here! well anyway, i was wondering if you guys have any idea if its possible that we are registered on my father's koseki-tohon. my mom is receiving pension from japan government after my father died. and if we are, how can we get a copy of my father's koseki-tohon? can somebody help me pls? very much appreciate it if we could get an idea here.
by nikkie23 (guest)  

. 2011/8/16 18:29
my mom is receiving pension from japan government after my father died. and if we are, how can we get a copy of my father's koseki-tohon?

Anyone listed on the koseki can get a copy of it. I assume your mom is listed on there if she's receiving your father's pension. If you know the address listed on the koseki (probably not??), you should be able to get it by mail from the city hall there.

If you don't know the address then I don't know. Do you know any of your Japanese relatives? Call your local Japanese consulate for advice.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply 2011/8/17 12:48
thank u very much for the reply! i met my half sister way back 1995. she went here in the philippines. but after my dad died she never communicated with us anymore. i dont know why... anyway, here we have his complete address on his marriage certificate with mom. and we have, i think, a copy of his old marriage certificate in japan but, we cant read it because its written in japanese. is this useful? can we get his city hall address there? and if its possible that you can pls help me again to search for an address or a contact number of someone that can help us with this? those who really know what their dealing with. because you know, we've been passed around a lot. :( and the bottom line is, they have us wait too long to have an answer but really didn't help us at all. im in the edge of giving up actually because, its really frustrating! we really appreciate what your doing here. thank u so much for helping me guys! somehow it relieves my anxieties. again, thank you very much!
by nikkie23 (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/8/17 20:17
we have his complete address on his marriage certificate with mom. and we have, i think, a copy of his old marriage certificate in japan but, we cant read it because its written in japanese. is this useful? can we get his city hall address there?

Do you see –{Ð (honseki) on those documents? That's where his koseki is located. The city hall usually have English speakers (maybe not working everyday) so you can try calling them to get instructions to get the koseki.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/8/18 10:48
nikkie23,

If you have all those documents ready, you can try consulting to your local Japanese Embassy. Or if you can get hold of anyone who can read Japanese, the information is all there on the city's official website.

Mind you though, you shouldn't post photos of your documents on the World Wide Web, as that would be your personal information.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply2 2011/9/4 22:20
Hi sorry guys. took me a while to reply..thanks for the advice! :) anyway, i have read some posts here by other members. maybe you guys know the address of my dad's city hall. he lived in iwata-gun, shizuoka prefecture, japan. got this address on his marriage contract with my mom.

i already made a letter about requesting for my father's koseki. what else should we include in the letter for them to give us a copy? and how much will it cost us to process our request?

. 2011/9/5 00:43
nikkie23,

Most of the former Iwata-gun is now Tenryu-ku, Hamamatsu-shi.

However, correct me if I'm wrong but I couldn't find any information on how you can obtain koseki-tohon for those originating in the area. You may want to try contacting Shizuoka-ken for a start. The following is their official website. You can jump to official websites of cities, and the email address of the prefecture (ken) is shown at the bottom.

http://www.pref.shizuoka.jp/a_foreign/english/index.html
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply3 2011/9/5 23:06
I started to send an email just now. best good luck to me.. ;) hope ill find what im looking for. thank you so much everyone who answered my queries. may god bless you!

reply to this thread