Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kochi and Tokushima Prefectures? 2011/9/4 22:52
This website shows Kochi City and Naruto, which I probably will visit, but I would like to know what other sites you reccommend if you've been there (or if you've researched it and found someplace that looks nice).

I like historical sites like temples, shrines, castles, etc., gardens, and also nature which I know Shikoku is famous for.

If there are famous or particularly great onsen please share. The person I am traveling with loves onsen.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! We will have a car, so anywhere is possible!
by Rabbityama  

F.Y.I 2011/9/6 10:10
by naniwanojoe rate this post as useful

. 2011/9/8 07:25
Has anyone been to either of these prefectures? What did you like?
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

... 2011/9/8 08:00
I recommend the Iya Valley, although I think some people overrate it. Still, it is the best I have seen in Tokushima so far (except the Awa Odori). I particularly enjoyed my stay at the Iya Onsen. Try to get a room with views (we didn't). The views from the dining room are nice too, and the food was outstanding (including the best fresh takenoko I have ever had). The bath is too lukewarm for me, but unique for its (slow) cablecar:
http://www.iyaonsen.co.jp/english/index.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2011/9/10 14:19
Thank you for the suggestions so far!
I will look into them!

Re: Kochi and Tokushima Prefectures? 2011/10/25 14:37
I went to the Iya Valley as suggested and it was very beautiful! There are even some slightly red and yellow leaves already!

Thanks for the info!

Re: Kochi and Tokushima Prefectures? 2011/10/25 22:22
The must visit place in Tokushima is Iya Kazurabashi. The must stay hotel is Sin Iya
Onsen hotel Kazurabashi.The hot spa is fantastic, the best 3 hot spa in Japan I visited within these 10 years.
by ksphilip rate this post as useful

reply to this thread