Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hard Rock Cafe shops 2011/9/12 08:55
On my next visit to Japan, I was asked to bring Hard Rock Cafe t-shirts to someone so he can add to his collection. I will be able to visit 5 of them. The two in Tokyo are familiar to me and I have visited them at least once in the past 23 years.I can figure out the Yokohama location easily. My question concerns the Osaka stores specifically.

I haven't been to Osaka yet and the advanced research I have done leads me to two separate questions:

1.The Minami-Honmachi location doesn't offer hours of operation for the store, which are usually one hour earlier opening than the restaurant. As a matter of fact, the English-language website doesn't even have a shop listed. However, if you go to the Japanese language website, it does list two distinct hours of operation, as if the second one were the store hours. (They do match the store hours for the stores in Tokyo) So, does the Ito Building location have an actual merchandise store?

2. The Universal City Boardwalk location does have a merchandise store, but I am unsure of its precise location. Is the Hard Rock Cafe located within the Universal Studios Japan property or is it outside the ticket-paying section? If I wanted to go there, would I have to pay for admission to the park itself? I'm not interested in the amusement park, so if this is correct, my friend will have to get some other person to go in there for the t-shirt.

I know this is a rather odd request, but he insists in the fulfillment of this request as the t-shirts cannot be bought anywhere else but the originating city. I wasn't aware that was true until I tried to do a search for a web store myself. He is going to owe me ''big time'' for this as the prices aren't cheap!

Thank you all for reading and for the answers!
by John (digs Japan) (guest)  

. 2011/9/13 06:35
1.So, does the Ito Building location have an actual merchandise store?

Yes, it is right on the corner of the building.

2. Is the Hard Rock Cafe located within the Universal Studios Japan property or is it outside the ticket-paying section?

It is located in the CityWalk shopping Mall, before you enter the park and right next to the station. The merchandise store is located on the ground floor.

BTW, you're not going to the Fukuoka and Narita locations to get him the t-shirts from there to complete the set? Some friend you are :-)
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

RobBeer 2011/9/13 07:26
Thanks for clearing it up for me, I really appreciate it! As for the other two locations, the Fukuoka one is a bit too far for this trip and all I want from Narita is what the airport has to offer! Yeah, he's going to have to get someone else to get them!

Thanks again!

John
by John (digs Japan) (guest) rate this post as useful

Yay HRC!! 2011/9/15 13:21
I also collect HRC glasses and it's a strange particularity that we have to get it at the locations and no where else.

No you don't have to go into Universal studios to get to HRC. It's in the same complex as the Takoyaki museum so if you like takoyaki, that's a plus. The Narita one is in the Aeon shopping center - about a 7 minute ride from the Hilton. The Roppongi one was the hardest to find because it's in an alley (?!)
If you get an all access card- you get 10% off all merchandise world wide as well as first available seating.
by akairingo2 rate this post as useful

akairingo2 2011/9/18 08:35
No you don't have to go into Universal studios to get to HRC. It's in the same complex as the Takoyaki museum so if you like takoyaki, that's a plus. The Narita one is in the Aeon shopping center - about a 7 minute ride from the Hilton. The Roppongi one was the hardest to find because it's in an alley (?!)
If you get an all access card- you get 10% off all merchandise world wide as well as first available seating.

Thanks for the Takoyaki info! I will definitely have lunch there, if it's not too expensive.

I think I will go to the Narita one as well. I went to the Roppongi one back in 1988, but I'm sure I won't have any trouble finding it, thanks to my trusty city atlas!

I am not sure what an all-access card is? Care to explain? Might come very handy!! Thanks!
by John (digs Japan) (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread